While resting or undergoing treatment in Ureki, the human organism is subject to complex influence of several natural and physical factors – sea climate, warm sand bath and low intensity magnetic field, all of which creates the best conditions for healing and rest.
At “Kolkhida”, patients receive individual treatment under constant observation of experienced doctors. The healing factors have particularly positive results when applied to children’s diseases. The positive results come not only from impact of the sand, but of all other resort factors of Ureki, including “Talasotherapy”. In addition, the effects of emotional and psychotherapeutic factors, such as change of environment, rest, picturesque landscapes, etc., should not be excluded. The optimal duration of one course is 24 days, which includes:
I. ACCLIMATIZATION PERIOD:
Lasts for 2-5 days, on average, the aim of which is to adapt the diseased organism to the environment. The number of acclimatization days is defined based on individual characteristics of organism, nature of disease and the distance between Ureki and the permanent place of residence.
Dosage depends on the degree and nature of the disease. Air bath is prescribed at different outdoor temperatures, given that the lower the outdoor temperature and higher wind velocity, the more irritable is the impact of the air bath. The main purpose of air bath is to strengthen the body and immunity of organism toward the influence of weather factors. Dosage of bath is calculated in minutes (from 10 minutes to 1-2 hours). The air bath is considered as transitional preparatory procedure before the sun bath.
III. SUN BATH:
It is a strong thermal procedure. It causes straining of thermoregulation mechanisms and change of the functions of all organs and systems involved in thermoregulation. The right dosage of the procedure delivers positive results under the UV influence. Dosed sun baths should be taken in the morning in summer, at noon – in spring and autumn.
IV. MAGNETIC SAND BATH:
We offer the following methodology of taking the bath in Ureki: an area on the beach is fenced in order to protect it from wind and make the sand warmer. The sand is sifted at 6.00-7.00 am. Then the area is divided into small segments for each patient; 30 centimeter high sand-piles are built around each segment. At 11.00-12.00 am., when the sand gets warmer approx. 50-55C0, a patient lies down on his/her segment and he/she is then covered with the warm sand except for head, neck and chest, and an umbrella is erected to cover the patient’s head from sun. The procedure takes from 10 to 30-40 minutes for adults and from 5 to 15 minutes – for children. After the procedure, the patient is cleaned from sand and wrapped into the sheets; he/she can rest in the shadow for 15-20 minutes. Then, the patient takes a shower of sun-heated water and dries himself/herself well, after which he/she can rest in the premises for 1,5-2 hours. The course includes 10-15 baths. Patients take procedures everyday or once in two days.
V. SEA BATH:
During this procedure, the reaction of the organism involves mainly two phases: phase 1 – initial cooling, which is connected with a sudden cooling of the body and has a nervous-reflexive nature. It is reflected in the spasm of superficial vessels and vasodilatation of internals, which result in blood circulation from periphery to internals. Stimulation of reflexive vagus and strengthening of its function are noted, which causes slowing the cardiac rhythm, deep and scarce breathing, increase in the blood pressure; phase 2 – patients feel warmth, which is caused by improved blood circulation in surface vessels. At this point, the degree of thermal regulation increases drastically; breathing becomes frequent and deeper; oxygen consumption increases 2-3 times; oxidation-regenerating process is strengthened, lung ventilation grows and heart beating activates. Sea baths are good for the following diseases: functional diseases of central nervous system, obesity, several compensative diseases of cardiovascular system, lymphadenitis, rachitis, chronic inflammation of respiratory tracts. Bathing in the sea is prescribed only after undertaking all the abovementioned procedures, based on the respective climatic regime (from 1 to 10-20 minutes).
The hotel offers services of certified doctors and nurses; therapist, pediatrician, cardiologist; neuropathist; children’s neuropathist; physiotherapist, orthopedist, laboratory doctor, masseurs, methodologists, rehabilitators, nurses. All patients of the Sanatorium can get consultations from specialists, laboratory tests and are prescribed respective procedures
The Sanatorium offers round the clock services of the first aid and treatment involving the necessary medicines
I MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM
- Post-traumatic rehabilitation (fracture, damage).
- Prophylactic treatment of rachitis and its aftermath.
- Congenital and acquired pathologies of musculoskeletal system: rheumatic and infectious polyarthritis in remission, interchangeable dystrophic polyarthritis, hip displasia, compensated forms of coxarthrosis.
- Osteochondropathies of different locations: treatment and rehabilitation (perthes and osgood-schlatter disease).
- Body balance disorder: scoliosis, kyphosis, flat-footedness.
- Osteochondrosis, spondylosis, spondyloarthritis.
II NERVOUS SYSTEM
- Functional disease of nervous system, neurosis, including climacteric neurosis.
- Diseases of central and peripheral nervous system: neuritis, polineuropathis, plexitis, polyradiculoneuritis in non-acute phase.
- Psycho-rehabilitation (natural disasters, terrorist acts, etc.)
IV CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM
- Hypertonic disease I-II stages.
- Micro cardiodystrophy, poor blood circulation I stage.
- Compensated Atherosclerotic cardiosclerosis.
- Coronary atherosclerosis I stage.
- Post-operation rehabilitation of congenital valvular heart diseases (tetralogy of Fallot, trilogy of Fallo).
V ENDOCRINE SYSTEM
- Diffuse goitre with iodine deficiency.
- Alimentary obesity.
VI SKIN DISEASES
Psoriasis in remission.
- Magnetic sand application. This treatment is applied in the sunny weather on a sandy beach, under the supervision of medical personnel and according to the methodology prescribed by the doctor. The duration of the procedure varies from 10 to 40 minutes, and 5 to 15 minutes for children. The therapeutic impact of the magnetic sand bath is determined by the combination of temperature of the sand and its mechanic effects. When it comes to the Ureki sand, on to of this it also possesses effects of the magnetic field. The magnetic sand bath strengthens oxidation and recovry reactions in the human body. It possitively affects general hemodynamics, improves blood circulation in the capillaries, balances lipid exchanges in the organism.
- Sea bath. Swimming.
- Healing baths (coniferrous, eucalyptus and antialergical). Patients take the healing baths as rpescribed by the doctor.
- Massage and healing exercises are done by specialists according to doctor’s prescription.
- Physiotherapy (electrophoresis, phonophoresis, UVC, amlipulse therapy) is prescribed by physiotherapist after consulting the doctor.wE